Rules and Safety
For your safety and peace of mind, Big Surf employs professionally certified lifeguards trained in the most current water safety and lifesaving techniques.
We have an emergency first-aid station situated inside the park which allows us to handle almost all medical situations that arise inside the park. However, much like the “no running in the house” laws of your childhood home, we do have some rules and guidelines.
- Children under the age of 12 should always be accompanied by an adult.
- You be at least 48” tall to ride the Space Bowl and Zambezi Falls.
- Height, weight and health restrictions are strictly enforced.
- Non-swimmers should be accompanied by an adult who can swim.
- Face masks that cover the nose are not allowed.
- No running or diving is allowed anywhere in the park.
- We reserve the right to disallow individuals access to rides which we may deem to be unsafe for them due to their age, size or other physical limitations.
- Infant’s diapers must be changed in restroom changing stations only.
- Please obey the instructions of the park staff at all times.
- It is recommended that guests less than 48″ tall and those who are not confident in their swimming abilities use life vests, a limited number of which are available free of charge in the park.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal life vests are permitted in Big Surf Waterpark.
- No coolers, food, beverages or glass containers are allowed to be brought into the park.
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages are permitted ONLY in the Surf Club.
- Do not wear eyeglasses or jewelry in pools as they may not be retrievable if lost during operation.
- Line jumping and profanity are offensive to our guests. Inconsiderate people are subject to an escort from the park with no refund.
- The park staff will only page a guest for an emergency.
- Casts are not allowed on any of the slides.
- Nylon swimsuits with liner are recommended.
- No thong bathing suits, men’s racing-style bathing suits, regular shorts or long pants are permitted.
- Swimwear with buttons, snaps, rivets or zippers are not permitted.
- Shoes are not allowed on any rides.
- Toddler are required to wear swim diapers.
- Swimwear must be appropriate for our family environment.
Weather Cancellation Policy
If the park closes before 3:00 p.m. due to inclement weather, full-day rain checks will be issued to guests with proof of paid admission. If the park closes between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m., rain checks that are valid for an after 3:00 p.m. admission will be issued. No cash refunds will be given.
Please feel free to contact us with any special circumstances or questions.